Thursday 22 January 2015

New year

I have decided that I really must start blogging again. Someone I could mention is putting me to shame.
What better way to start than saying a big thank you to all for a really lovely Christmas. Wonderful hospitality, food company and gifts.

On.a sad note we heard of the death of Pat Gwynne last week. Pat was a long time friend of Edna Millers, and of the whole Miller family, Peter and I had over the last few years got to know her well.

On a brighter note, yesterday we shopped in Winchester and had lunch in Rick Stein's restaurant. Wow what a success. Absolutely lovely food and a lovely atmosphere. Lots of fish dishes as one would expect, we both had grilled haddock as a main course. I started with a Crab and Prawn cocktail, and Pete had grilled Sardines. For dessert I had a scrumptious chocolate caramel and nut creation, and Pete had a lemon and raspberry creation. All excellent, any one choosing to visit will be taken there for sure.

Must comment on last night's start of Wolf Hall, I thought it was excellent, and am pleased to say all critics seem to feel the same. I thought Mark Rylance's portrayal of Cromwell was true to the book, showing him to have been a loving caring family man. It was wonderful how Mark got across his stillness and great wisdom. I cannot wait for next week. Any who missed it should catch up on Iplayer.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment