Wednesday 28 January 2015

New Experiences

It's good to get to your seventies and still have new experiences. Well the last 24hours have produced two.

Yesterday at 6.45pm having a coffee post supper, before setting off, Pete to Romsey and me to a practise for Thursday's Induction service in Andover, when suddenly the whole house shook. It was surreal, it only lasted a few moments, a violent shaking and a muffled noise like a gas explosion. Quite unnerving, it was not until the ten o'clock news we heard that Winchester had had an earthquake, well not Winchester, more like South Wonston. That's near, too near, for my liking. At least I can say I've experienced one.

The other experience was lunch today at Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's new restaurant in Winchester, nice venue, quite an adventurous menu. All very pleasant, but two things spoilt it for me food not very hot, and finding streaks of electric blue in my fried egg, and being told, "Well the eggs are free range, and we sometimes do find they have blue marks in them". I presumed that this was supposed to make it all OK.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment