Thursday 29 January 2015

Cryptic

What's with the cryptic blog Miff?

I do not hold entirely with the Winfrey quote. Yes, it's important to live a full and creative life, using all of one's God given gifts, but it is not right to immediately assume that others do not have your best interest's at heart., and are trying to undermine you. I know I am a good one to talk, having been told by you that I am too proud and opinionated, but I do hope I am big enough to take criticism on the chin and learn from it. To me Winfrey's quote speaks of  "I'm always right".

Just about to finish Mitch Alboms book "Tuesdays with Morrie". I can thoroughly recommend it. A good lesson in acceptance of one's own limitations, and reliance on others.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it is because I have the luxury of having the rest of the article to refer back to, but I don't think that it was in any way making an assumption that others necessarily do not have your best interests at heart. The point of this particular piece in the book was to say that we should all be proud of our achievements in life, and never suppress them for fear of appearing arrogant. Occasionally, we may come across people who feel threatened by that approach (i.e. not suppressing our achievements but standing tall and being proud) and that those people may seek to, in the words of the quote, "play you small" to make themselves feel better. As the quote suggests, we shouldn't allow this to happen, as it goes against the "owner's manual" which tells us we should spend our lives seeking to blossom into more.

    Sounds like pretty good stuff to me.

    What do you think?

    M xxx

    ReplyDelete